Refinery is expanding again, and we’re excited to add an Operations Coordinator (OC) to our amazing team! Our OC will wear many hats so if you are looking for a variety of responsibilities and opportunities to learn and develop skills in all aspects of the business, please keep reading.
This position is full-time and is located at Refinery’s head office in downtown Vancouver, B.C. This job is a hybrid of mostly office-based responsibilities with some flexibility for home-based work.
We offer competitive compensation and amazing benefits, an open vacation policy, cell phone stipend, profit sharing, annual employee retreat and more all wrapped up in a full-time, M-F role, with an ASAP start date.
The OC will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of tasks. In this role you will take care of some regular day-to-day details and when you have those mastered you will have opportunity to get involved in or dream up projects that will impact the business allowing you to leave your mark on Refinery. These tasks below are a representative list and not necessarily exhaustive.
- Monitor shared mailboxes and handle new business inquiries
- Administer communication/teamworking platforms (SharePoint, Zoom, shared calendars, VOIP system)
- Organize all-company meetings and scrums
- Ensure that the head office stays clean, safe and stocked for our staff and visitors
- Check mailbox and deposit cheques
- Administer office access, security and office safety (be one of our fire wardens)
- Administer IT and office equipment inventory, purchasing, recycling, support tickets
- Coordinate and/or support team events
- Administer the corporate credit cards, prepare expense reports, check expenditures
- Manage vendor accounts, review monthly charges, compare against contracts
- Chile monthly transactions data input, budget input into NS
- Assist with month-end account reconciliations and standard reports (bank recs, credit cards, billable expenses, revenue and billing reports, etc.)
- Financial data analysis of monthly revenue, timesheet utilization data, prepaid expenses, Chile payroll data and other projects upon request
- Support the creation of new and maintain existing financial working papers
- Accounts receivable monitoring
- Set up projects in our accounting system in collaboration with the Client Leads
- Expense account preparation and other projects as requested
Marketing + Business Development (working with the VP, Client Leadership)
- Manage brand collateral
- Update website content as needed
Your Keys to Success
- Client-centric – you revolve around your client and never the other way around
- Strong communicator – you read, write, speak, and listen in a manner that others understand and appreciate. Bonus points if you can do it all in more than one language
- Epic juggler – you have successfully managed multiple priorities within occasionally challenging time frames
- Entrepreneur – you don’t wait for someone to tell you what you should do or to do it for you; you figure it out and just get it done. You relish success and you learn and grow from mistakes you make.
- Collaborative – you like to work with everyone and they like to work with you because you are focused on helping others to succeed, every day, all day.
- Organized – You are detail oriented and can maintain records, files and shared documents which are easy for others to find and follow
- Technology is your friend – You’re unafraid to learn new systems and you’ve got mad skills in the MS Office suite and other applications that we may need, or we may not know we need
- Life experience – you have some good stories to tell of your work, volunteer work, travel and any other of your life’s adventures so far
- You have a post-secondary education in Business or a related field
- Work experience – a background in administration or customer service is ideal
- You know who we are, what we do, and how we do it by checking out our website at refineryleadership.com
If we’ve piqued your interest and ticked some boxes for you, please jump in and apply now to: email@example.com or through the careers page on our website. Please include your resume plus a cover letter that tells us about your life and work experiences and why you’re interested in this role. If we think there’s a potential match, we’ll be in touch with you to set up an introductory Zoom call. Thanks for your interest in Refinery and we look forward to reading your applications soon!
Request a consultation with us today.
We look forward to meeting you!
|470 Granville St, Suite 532, Vancouver, BC V6C 1V5
|604 899 4192
The Refinery Leadership Partners, Inc. © 2021. All rights reserved.