Refinery is looking for a full-time Program Coordinator to join our growing Consulting Team in our Vancouver head office. The Program Coordinator will, on behalf of their clients, ensure successful delivery of client-facing and in-house programs and events anywhere in the world where we do business.
Who and What is Refinery?
We are a highly skilled, incredible group of people that brings a cacophony of business, academic and life experiences to the table. We share a natural curiosity and passion for our work, and a desire to develop our clients and ourselves. We know that most people don’t unleash their full potential because they are unable or even afraid to dig deep and challenge their own perceptions and beliefs. We help people to reveal their true selves because we know that real, sustainable change and growth can happen only through exposing ourselves. We do this for personal reasons: We believe that everyone has a better, healthier, stronger version of themselves that is just waiting to be unleashed upon the world.
Those who have observed the way we work, as well as those who have experienced the fruits of that labour would describe what we do at Refinery as fun – and they would not be wrong! It is, however, important for us to stress how seriously we take this work and the level of commitment required to design, develop, and deliver learning that has a real impact. In other words, we run a very tight ship in order to pull it all off so that it does appear seamless and fun! A critical part of being committed to ‘the work’ means living it personally, which is not for the faint of heart. Living our work means acknowledging that we’re all human and imperfect; it means holding yourself accountable for ongoing personal development; being open to stretching outside of your comfort zone in service of growth; giving and receiving regular feedback; nurturing curiosity; and always welcoming diverse perspectives – be it in a formal meeting or your inner monologue.
- Work closely with our team to plan, communicate, and execute projects not only within budgets and timeline but with impeccable quality and level of service
- Proactively liaise with clients and their team members to be sure expectations are set and met and their programs are successful
- Manage logistics such as event planning, materials procurement and production, shipping and a million other details that will contribute to a five-star client experience
- Manage program schedules, resourcing, consultant work orders and invoices and client contracts
- Travel outside of Vancouver may be required infrequently to assist with onsite event coordination and support
- Travel within downtown Vancouver to investigate venues, shop for supplies and attend client meetings will be required
- Packing, lifting, and carrying items that weigh up to 25 lbs may be necessary in this role
Keys to Success
- Two to four years experience in a similar role, preferably doing client-facing project work
- Client-focused – you have experience delivering exceptional service
- Detail-oriented – your attention to detail is scary good; you literally think of everything
- Adaptable – you have been in environments where you had to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and wear many hats…and you like it that way
- Tech savvy and very comfortable with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, and Zoom
- “Can-do,” proactive attitude; you’ll take the initiative to get stuff done
- Organized, for yourself and for the benefit of others
- Great teammate – you’ll pitch in to help others to achieve team goals
- Post-Secondary education or certification in Project Management definitely helps
- Besides excellent written/spoken English, written/spoken French and/or Spanish would be fantastic.
- You learned about what we do, how we do it and who we are by checking out our website at refineryleadership.com.
What We Can Promise You
- Challenging work that delivers game-changing results for our clients
- Opportunity to learn and grow in the company and to help others do the same
- A collaborative, friendly, supportive, and fun group of co-workers
- Flexible work arrangements