Refinery is looking for a full-time Operations Coordinator (OC) to join our Client Success team in the Vancouver head office. The OC will, on behalf of their clients, support a wide variety of day-to-day operations encompassing a diverse portfolio of tasks. The Operations Coordinator will take care of the day-to -day stuff while remembering that at Refinery, our client is always the centre of our universe and the desired outcome from every touchpoint is a client who trusts knows that you’ve got them.
This role would be ideal for a sharp and keen new grad from a business admin program or for a co-op student looking for some solid foundational experience in a fast-paced business where there’s opportunity to work with everyone on our team from the CEO to operations to consulting and sales.
This a sampling of some of the opportunities available in this role. It’s not an exhaustive list but paints a picture of the diverse portfolio of tasks mentioned above. You’ll also add to the portfolio of this role by finding your niche and enhancing your role (that’s exactly what the last person did in this role right up to the time we promoted her).
Marketing + Business Development
- Manage brand collateral
- Update website content as needed
- Social media management
- Coordinate logistics for: client workshops and internal team events (working with our CS Team)
- Client program communications – work with participants communicating scheduling, logistics, etc to create an exceptional experience for them. Packing, lifting and carrying items that weigh up to 25 lbs may be necessary in this role.
- Compiling and reporting on participant assessment and survey data.
- Monitor shared mailboxes and handle new business inquiries and other important correspondence
- Administer communication/teamworking platforms (so you learn SharePoint, Zoom, Urban Networks systems)
- Working with our onboarding coordinator, create and post how-to videos to onboarding portal
- Working with our vendors, ensure that the head office stays clean, safe and stocked for our staff and visitors
- Review and approve office-related invoices
- Help Accounting Lead and PCs with expense management tasks
- Our CEO is amazing, and she needs someone to step in from time to time and help her get organized and stay on track so she can make sure the business stays on track.
Keys to Success
- A client-centric attitude – you revolve around your client and never the other way around.
- A strong communicator – yes, you can read and write well but you’re an accomplished listener and interpreter. You can turn what you hear into how you can best serve your client.
- Epic juggler – you have and will manage multiple priorities within occasionally challenging time frames
- Bias for action – you don’t wait for someone to tell you what you should do or to do it for you; you are entrepreneurial, so you figure it out and just get it done.
- Collaborative – we are not about silos, we are an open, friendly and collaborative team all striving towards the same goal.
- Technology is your friend – You’re unafraid to learn new systems and you’ve got mad skills in the MS Office suite and other applications that we may need, or we may not know we need until you show us.
- Post-Secondary education and/or certification in Project Management definitely helps;
- You learned about what we do, how we do it and who we are by checking out our website at refineryleadership.com .
Refinery’s Value Proposition
We’re a highly skilled team with diverse business and life experience. We share a natural curiosity, passion for our work, and a desire to develop our clients and ourselves. We’re always learning, evolving and sharing. Everyone on Refinery’s team has an impact on the business every day with everything they do and we’re looking for another impact player in our new PC.
We will promise that as a Refinery game-changer you will have:
- Challenging work that will be the catalyst for transforming our client’s culture, team members, and business results;
- Opportunity to learn and grow in the company and to help others do the same;
- A collaborative, friendly, supportive and fun group of co-workers;
- Competitive compensation and benefits including an open vacation policy, flexible schedules and working arrangements, profit-sharing program, early Friday closures, and an annual employee retreat.
Tell us about some of your experience in a cover letter that comes along with your resume. We’ll be in touch with you for a telephone chat if we think there’s a potential match. Beyond that, there will be a couple of opportunities to come in and interact with the team for further exploration of fit with the team and for the role. We are looking to hire as soon as possible. Thanks for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org !