Making changes is easy – bringing people with you is hard! In today’s VUCA world, change is an everyday part of business. Organizations that are good at change are able to quickly align people around new ways of working in response to opportunities or threats. Those that master it build resilience and an enduring competitive advantage.
“The brutal fact is that about 70% of all change initiatives fail.” –Nitin Nohria, Dean at Harvard Business School
Combining real application with digital simulation, The Refinery’s Leading Change workshop is an intensive, high-impact workshop that brings the challenges of real world change without the real world scars. Participants will plan and implement a series of initiatives within a simulated company that is burdened with change challenges. Real-time feedback and results inform participants of their progress as they build stakeholder buy-in and lead the company to – hopefully – success!
Along the way, participants not only gain practical experience in applying a proven change framework, they build an understanding of how shifting beliefs, biases, and fears – including our own – are absolutely critical to success. With this increased confidence, knowledge and skill, participants will be ready to effectively lead change in your organization.
In our one-day workshop, participants will:
- Understand their role as leaders to inspire the head and the heart through a change process
- Gain experience applying best practice in a no-risk environment
- Apply tools and techniques to build change momentum
- Build the ability to look beyond positional resistance and work with underlying interests and concerns
- Be ready to lead and support change – both the expected and unexpected